Oct 20, 2010

Yearly Spiderpocalypse

My home is located in a small cleared area within a national forest, and although I honestly love the area, I frequently long for the speed and convenience of the city. And at this time of year, I also long for the lower Critter to People ratio of the city.

The nights are getting cold and tonight I have been forced to admit that Summer is over due to the multitude of spiders seeking warmer accommodations inside the house.

They are everywhere. I am illogically terrified of spiders. I scream every time I see one, no matter the size. It is a wholly instinctive reaction, since I scream first and then only after I've run, do I realize what I am afraid of. The realization generally comes when I am several feet away.

I've screamed and run away four times today. Once when I was in the potty, which made my 'jump up and run' reaction tricky.

In addition to spiders, field mice have come inside as well. I think. I am pretty sure I saw one out of the corner of my eye last night, or perhaps I am hoping it was a mouse -- if that big scrambling thing was a spider I am going to have to move out of STATE. Also, I can't keep my cat off the counters the past few days, she's usually not so bad about the counter-walking, and I want something to blame there. Mouse it is!

On the plus side, I have had a refresher course on exactly what it feels like to be crazy terrified. I noted physical sensations in my plots book so I am prepared to scare the living daylights out of one of my characters. DUN Dun dunnnn.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha I bet u finished peeing b4 you got up to run. Pee always demands pre eminence like that.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have found me again, so to save my inbox and avoid an extra, useless, and extra-useless daily task to nick the useless comments, captcha is on!