Reasons for The Return of the Happy:
- Got my critique partner back! She was MIA for half a year, being a mom and a student and a new-job-go-getter and a NINJA. But she's back. YAY.
- Time to just let myself step back and examine my wants and my goals without putting pressure on myself to produce
- New craft books. I know, I am the worlds biggest nerd, but I love craft books. I love learning how other people build their stories, keep track of what, come up with new twists and all that. The one I'm still working on is amazing. Unlike the proliferation of beginner screenwriting books out there, this one is definitely next level and I'm learning a heap. Will give a review when I've finished it and know what I absorbed.
- Success stories of friends who, while also aiming for publication with Harlequin, are finding success with other publishing houses.
- Got to the six months mark Monday on my submitted full manuscript with the London office of HQN, sent an email to check status. It's just an email to check status, but it still feels like some kind of forward momentum.
- I think part of my malaise had to do with the fall. I always get blue when the leaves fall and the air goes cold, but January feels *new* and full of possibilities, and that always reinvigorates me.
- Starting a second blog with another writing buddy, details to be announced later. For it, I get to draw turtles. I love turtles. That is all.